Rug Cleaning San Diego Service
When dealing with your fine area rugs, you want a knowledgeable and reliable rug cleaning San Diego service. Bob’s Carpet Care rug cleaning San Diego service has been cleaning rugs from around the world for over 35 years. To clean a hand woven textile properly, it should be cleaned in an environment where it can be hand cleaned and dried quickly. The complete cleaning process takes us between 7 to 10 days. A brief description of our process is as follows:
Fine Rug Cleaning Process (click to read more)
We will determine as much as we possibly can about the type of rug and inherent qualities that may affect cleaning. We will outline the expected results and cleaning “prescription”. Our company will come to your home to pick up your rug.
Woven rugs, especially hand knotted rugs are designed to hide dry soil. (A few years ago, the Eureka Company did a study and found that a 9 x 12 could hide 87 pounds of dirt!) We use a variety of techniques to “dust” the rugs from the front and back. A machine called a pile lifter, special vacuum attachments and any many other methods are implemented. This is the most important step in cleaning any textile.
Depending on fiber content and soiling type, the rug will be pre-treated to emulsify the soils.
Any potentially difficult spots will be pre-treated with special solutions to increase chances of removal. The fringe is also pre-treated for maximum soil removal.
Most rugs are cleaned with an Oriental Rug Shampoo that is especially designed to get maximum cleaning while protecting sensitive natural fibers. (learn more about Oriental Rug Shampoo)
Depending on the type of rug it will be rinsed with extraction equipment on both sides or washed in a wash pit designed especially for Oriental Rugs.
Once the soil is rinsed away, the rug is dried flat or hung to dry in a controlled environment. Proper drying is essential to avoid unnatural shrinkage.
When the rug is dry, it is combed and finished with soft groomers made for specialty rugs.
Our cleaning specialist will give the rug a final inspection and release it for delivery.
How to Care for your Oriental Rug/Carpets
- Rotation – To insure even wear, your rug should be rotated once a year. Depending on the traffic, the rotation may vary from six months to two years.
- Vacuuming – Oriental rugs, like most carpeting, should be vacuumed on a regular basis to remove dirt and restore life to the fibers. Be sure not to vacuum the fringe with your beater bar! Use the end of a vacuum hose from a canister vacuum.
- Padding – A quality pad used under your rug helps protect it from dirt, wear and slippage.
Spot and Spill Procedures
Make sure that you safely and immediately clean up spots and spills before they set.
- First, soak up the excess liquid by blotting with a clean absorbent material. Do not brush or rub the stain.
- Then spot-clean with a mild detergent-white vinegar-water solution. Do-not over wet.
- Rinse area thoroughly with water and a small amount of vinegar. Avoid wetting the rug’s backing.
- Blot dry until most of the moisture has been absorbed.
- Allow to air dry. A fan or cool hair dryer can be used to hasten the drying process.
- For stains that do not come out using these methods, please contact us.
Average pricing is as follows:
Machine-Made Wool Rug
Hand-Woven Wool Rug
Combo Wool/Silk Rug
*ALL PRICES INCLUDE PICK UP AND DELIVERY