Carpet Cleaning San Diego: the Process
Time and time again, people are asking us how we manage to produce amazing results in our carpet cleaning San Diego services. Even aged carpets and carpets that are highly stained with coffee and food residues can be cleaned so they look almost like new. Bob’s Carpet Care uses a 12-step carpet cleaning process which gives WOW results.
Our 12-Step Carpet Cleaning San Diego Process
- Pre-Inspection: Every great cleaning process starts with a proper pre-inspection. Our service technician will inspect your particular areas of concern as well as noting carpet construction, and soiling conditions. He will also advise you of any possible permanent staining.
- Pre-Vacuum: If needed, your carpet will be pre-vacuumed to remove bonded dry soil. This is in addition to the vacuuming that takes place throughout the entire cleaning process.
- Furniture Moving: Sofas, chairs and tables will be carefully moved. Larger pieces such as; beds, dressers, entertainment centers, china cabinets and other liability prone items are left in place under our regular pricing structure. Furniture will be protected with disposable blocks and tabs as needed.
- Pre-Condition & Pre-Spot Treatment: Traffic areas and spots are pre-treated for more effective soil and spot removal.
- Pre-Groom: Your carpet will be pre-groomed with a carpet groomer (depends on the soil level) to further loosen traffic area soiling.
- Extract & Rinse: Once the soil has been loosened, our state-of-the-art truck-mounted hot water extraction cleaning process will thoroughly rinse the carpet pile. Pressure and heat are regulated so that carpet is not over-wet. We rinse with specially treated water at temperatures ranging between 60-235 degrees depending on the fiber content and soiling condition. This step also improves your air quality by removing the pollens, pollutants, and dust mites, etc. from the carpet.
- Neutralize: Every carpet that we clean is rinsed with a PH balanced product so that there is never a sticky residue left behind. (This is a very important step that is often overlooked by other cleaners).
- Post Spot Treatment: If any spots are not removed during the cleaning process, specialty-spotting techniques are employed after a through cleaning.
**Note: This excludes permanent stains that are identified by our service technician in the pre-inspection.
- DuPont’s Teflon Carpet Protection (optional but recommended): Carpets protected with DuPont’s Teflon last longer, clean up easier and stay clean longer.
- Step 10: Speed Dry: High velocity air movers will be placed in the room to speed dry the carpet.
- Post Grooming: The carpet pile is set in up position for faster drying and a better visual appeal when DuPont’s Teflon has been applied.
- Post Inspection: Please walk through your home or business using the plastic booties we provide to inspect our work. And to let us know that you are pleased. We now ask that you sign our service invoice.
Now that you understand our cleaning process, click here for prices
Before Your Carpeting Is Cleaned…
- Remove breakables and knick-knacks from tables and other pieces which will be moved by our crew.
- Remove small items (boxes, magazines, shoes, etc.) if you want that area to be cleaned.
- Arrange for pets and children to be away from the area to be cleaned and away from all equipment.
After Your Carpeting Is Cleaned…
- Be careful walking from carpet to hard surfaces! Floors can be very slippery.
- Keep pets and children off of carpet for at least 3-5 hours.
- Leave blocks and tabs for 24 hours after carpet is cleaned.