Rug Cleaning Rancho Santa Fe
When it comes to your fine, Oriental, and area rugs, you want a reliable rug cleaning service such as that offered by Bob’s Carpet Care. Bob mClean and his team has cleaned carpets and rugs from around the world for 35+ years. Hand woven textiles need to be cleaned in an environment where it can be hand washed and promptly dried (to minimize shrinkage). Bob’s rug cleaning Rancho Santa Fe procedure takes seven to ten days to complete. A detailed description of the cleaning process is shown below:
Rug Cleaning Rancho Santa Fe Process (click each section to expand)
First, our technicians examine your rugs to determine its type and its inherent properties which may dictate how it will be cleaned. We will outline the method or “prescription” of cleaning and give you an idea of the expected results after cleaning. Bob’s Carpet Care will come to your home or business to pick up your rug.
Woven rugs, especially hand knotted rugs are very good at retaining dried soil. (A while back, the Eureka Company established that a 9 x 12 could hide 87 pounds of dirt!) We remove hidden soil and dirt with a variety of techniques to “dust” the rugs from the front and back. A machine called a pile lifter, vacuum attachments, and other appropriate methods are used as necessary. Removing dried dirt is a critical step in cleaning rugs.
If necessary, the rug will be pre-treated to emulsify (break down) any encrusted soils and dirt. How this is done depends on the fiber content and the type of soils present.
Difficult spots and stains will be pre-treated with special solutions to maximize dirt removal. At this time, the fringe is also pre-treated for better cleaning.
In most cases, the rug is then cleaned with an Oriental Rug Shampoo. This shampoo is formulated to maximize cleaning yet is gentle on sensitive natural fibers.
The rug is then further washed and rinsed as necessary. Depending on the type of rug you have, it could be washed/rinsed with extraction equipment; or it could be washed/rinsed in a wash pit made for the purpose of cleaning rugs.
Once the rug is properly washed and rinsed, it is dried flat or hung to dry in a controlled environment. Shrinking is minimized when you dry the rug promptly.
The dried rug is combed and finished with soft groomers especially made for rugs.
Our rug specialist will inspection the cleaned rug and then release it for home delivery.
DIY Care for your Oriental & Fine Rugs
- Rotation – Your rug should be rotated once a year to ensure even wear. Depending on the amount of foot traffic you have, you can rotate the rug as much as every 6 months or as little as once in 2 years.
- Vacuuming – rugs and carpets should be vacuumed on a regular basis. Your rugs and carpets will look better when dirt is removed and it will be better for your natural fibres too. Do not vacuum the fringe with a beater bar: instead, use a vacuum hose from a canister vacuum.
- Padding – Use a good pad under your rug to protect it from dirt, wear and slippage.
Procedure to Control Spot and Spill
As best as possible, clean up spots and spills immediately before they set.
- First, use a clean absorbent cloth to soak up the excess. Avoid rubbing or scrubbing the stain.
- Next, spot-clean with a mild-detergent white-vinegar water solution. Try not to make it too wet.
- Rinse the area completely with water and a small amount of vinegar. Again, try no tot make it too wet.
- Use a clean absorbent cloth to blot dry any remaining moisture.
- Allow the area to air dry. You may use a fan or hair dryer set to “cool” to help the are dry faster.
- Please contact us if you have stains that do not come out using the above step.
Rug Cleaning Rancho Santa Fe Prices:
Machine-Made Wool Rug
Hand-Woven Wool Rug
Combo Wool/Silk Rug
*ALL PRICES INCLUDE PICK UP AND DELIVERY