Rug Cleaning Oceanside
When it comes to cleaning your oriental, fine, and area rugs, you want an experienced and knowledgeable rug cleaning service. Bob’s Carpet Care Oceanside rug cleaning services has been cleaning rugs and carpets from all over the world for over 35 years. Experts know that hand-woven rugs should be hand-cleaned and quickly dried in a controlled environment. Bob’s Carpet Care does exactly that, our cleaning process takes seven to ten days and it is done at our facility so that we can do a good job. Below is a description of our rug cleaning process.
Rug Cleaning Oceanside: How it’s Done (click to expand each section)
Bob’s Carpet Care will come to your house to pick up your rug. Our technician will determine the type of rug you have and its inherent qualities which may define the way it will be cleaned. The technician will determine an appropriate strategy or “prescription” for cleaning your rug. He will outline the expected results so you will know what to expect from our cleaning process.
Woven rugs and hand-knotted rugs are very good at hiding dry soil. A few years ago, Eureka Co. did a study and found that a 9 x 12 could hide 87 pounds of dirt! We are aware of this and use a variety of methods to “dust” the rugs from the front and from the back. Vacuum attachments and a machine called a “pile lifter” are used to remove the embedded dirt. This is probably one of the most important parts in rug cleaning: remove the dried dirt before getting the rug wet.
If necessary and appropriate, the rug is pre-treated to emulsify encrusted soil and dirt.
If we see any potentially difficult spots or stains, we will pre-treat the area with special solutions to increase levels of stain removal. At this time, the fringe is also pre-treated for maximum cleaning efficacy.
Rugs are then cleaned with an Oriental Rug Shampoo that is especially formulated to protect the rug’s natural fibers yet produce a deep clean.
Depending on the type of rug you have and how well it has been cleaned, it may be rinsed, or further washed and rinsed. The rug may be rinsed with an extraction equipment on both sides of the rug. Or, the rug may be washed and rinsed in a wash pit designed especially for fine rugs.
After your rug has been thoroughly cleaned, it is dried flat or hung up to dry in a controlled environment. Rugs should be dried as soon as possible to avoid unnatural shrinkage.
After your rug is dry, it is combed and finished with soft groomers made for specialty rugs.
Before we release the rug for home delivery, our cleaning technician will inspect the rug to make sure it is as clean as it can be given its original condition.
Oriental Rug & Carpets: how to care for them
- Rotation – To insure balanced wear-and-tear, rotate your rugs once a year. Depending on the amount of foot traffic, you can rotate the carpets as often as once per six months or once per two years.
- Vacuuming – rugs and carpet should be vacuumed regularly to remove dirt. This can also increase the longevity of the fibers. The fringe should not be vacuumed with a beater bar. Instead, use the end of a vacuum hose from a canister vacuum.
- Padding – If possible, add a quality pad under your rug to help protect it from dirt, wear and slippage.
Spot and Spills Clean Up Procedure
As best as possible, clean up spots and spills immediately before they set.
- The first step is to soak up the spilled liquid by blotting with a clean absorbent cloth. Do not scrub or rub the stain.
- Next, spot-clean the affected area with a mild-detergent white-vinegar and water mixture. Try not to over wet.
- After the spill has been botted and cleaned, rinse the area with water and a small amount of vinegar. Try not to over wet.
- Use a clean absorbent cloth to blot dry until most of the water and moisture is removed.
- Allow the area to air dry. If necessary, use a fan or a hair dryer set to “cool” to blow dry the area.
- For spills and stains that persist, contact us for further assistance.
Bob’s Carpet Care offers floor, carpet, and rug cleaning Oceanside services. Call us for your floor cleaning needs: (760) 753-8750
Rug Cleaning Prices:
Machine-Made Wool Rug
Hand-Woven Wool Rug
Combo Wool/Silk Rug
*ALL PRICES INCLUDE PICK UP AND DELIVERY